The InnoBlueGrowth transnational capitalization event "Innovation for the development of maritime energies in the Mediterranean" will take place next November 27-28 2017 in Naples, Italy.
The mains aims of this event are:
- To better know and exploit the knowledge resulting from MAESTRALE, PELAGOS, and other projects on blue energies;
- To increase the visibility of the Blue Growth community and its impact on the policy making process at regional, local, national and Mediterranean level, with specific focus on issues related to:
- Investments and synergies for technology funding, including the combination of grants and financial engineering;
- Integrated Coastal Zone Management/Maritime Spatial planning, and social acceptance, in line with the implementation of the EU Directive on Maritime Spatial Planning;
- Environmental sustainability, components, and natural capital assessment;
- Awareness raising and education for blue growth;
- To meet Experts from the blue energy sector for peer-reviewing;
- To exchange innovation and funding best practices in the blue energy sector.
A study visit to the wave energy plant in the Port of Naples will also take place in order for all participants to witness and get a concrete idea about its functioning as well as its cost added-value, impacts, and various uses.