Different levels for different roles
The new architecture of MED Programme is built on three impact levels:
- Modular Projects: they are the basis of MED architecture. The following steps of developing thematic communities and feeding the governance platform could not happen without them.
- Horizontal Projects: they have a crucial part to play in capitalization and transferring the transnational impact of the modular projects. They capture valuable elements from the modular projects within each specific thematic objective and sub-themes foreseen by the three thematic axes, summarize and disseminate them on a transnational level, whilst providing a framework to enhance synergies. They are a bridge between modular projects and the strategies and models developed at policy level by the governance platform.
- Axis 4 governance project: results of thematic work groups of Axis 4 platform are transferred to local stakeholders’ community. In this way, they are embedded into their planning and implementation processes.
Objectives of the MED Methodology
The shared objectives of this methodology are:
- Identify a common and shared basis between horizontal and modular projects so that the Programme truly comes to life, “systemizing” synergies, exchange and dialogue between the 3 levels of impact;
- Guide horizontal and modular projects in the design and development of each thematic community as well as in the exploitation of communication and capitalization tasks;
- Develop horizontal synergies among the 8 horizontal projects;
- Develop vertical synergies between horizontal projects and modular projects, and between horizontal projects and the governance platform project of Axis 4;
- From the projects’ perspective, develop a sense of ownership of the Programme architecture, in terms of concrete contribution at various levels that are all essentially interlinked within one unique system.
- Create and feed ‘win-win’ dynamics for all projects and beneficiaries involved, including the Programme authorities and participating States based on shared results and common crosscutting capitalization and transfer towards MED territories.
- Jointly prepare the strategy and contents of the Programme annual events, presenting in particular the results obtained through the new Programme architecture implemented;
- From the Joint Secretariat’s perspective, assist the horizontal and modular projects in the implementation of the aforementioned objectives.
- Improve the visibility, impact and contribution of the Programme, its innovative approach and its results through taking part in relevant events and working groups.